Saturday, December 14, 2013

Good Vibes

There are many meanings behind my sun tattoo.
Sometimes I say it represents shining light in darkness. Other times, I say it represents being positive. But these things are just pieces of a greater puzzle.
It all started when I was introduced to a mindset that completely changed the way I looked at life - the law of attraction. So some of you might think this post will be some crazy science that doesn't work, and that's fine. But I know once you sink your teeth into this, you will never look at the world the same again.

Let me tell you a little story...
A very dear friend of mine gave me her leather jacket that I had been drooling over since we'd met and one day, during a hell week at uni, I realized I had lost it. I remember looking at Rachel, my roommate, and flipping out. "I lost it! Awesome, I can't even remember the last time I wore it let alone where I could possibly find it... I'm screwed."
But then I looked down at my wrist and remembered my philosophy. If I remain calm and know that I will get it back, I will get it back. So I turned around to her again and said, "You know what, there's no point in stressing because I know it will find it's way back to me. Somehow, somewhere, I will have it again." So I carried on with the rest of my day trying my best not to think about it. It wasn't until that night that my friend sent me a picture of a sign in the dining hall saying, "If you lost a leather jacket, contact the manager."

I don't remember being able to do anything except gleam.
I sprinted downstairs and immediate asked for my jacket from the manager. We got talking in which I found out that he had actually had it for 3 days and only that night did he put up the sign.

Coincidence? I beg to differ.

Basically, like attracts like so in a nut shell, this kind of thinking materializes thoughts. Want that brand new BMW? Acknowledge that you want it. Believe you will get it. Receive it.

Legit, it's that simple.

Acknowledge
The first part of getting anything you want is identifying exactly what it is you want.
If you want to be out of debt, you can't think, "I don't want debt" because you're focusing on having debt and, therefore, will only attract more debt to you. SO, instead, you need to think, "I want to be abundant." By doing this, you are thinking about all the money you'll have to buy that BMW.

If you're in the market for a relationship, make a universe shopping list of everything you could possibly want in that other person. It can be down to the most ridiculous things - long hair, eyebrow piercing, dry humor - what have you - but jot it down. Granted these lists can grow pretty quickly so choose a top few characteristics to really focus on. Once you've made your list, craft a sentence that includes those qualities and form it into a mini mantra. "I will be with a hockey player who's got the long hair flow and respects, values and cares about me next semester." (This is my current mantra so hockey boys come at me ;))

Having these mantras will give you a point of focus and determination to get what you want - just as if you were Katniss successfully shooting the biggest deer you could've ever imagined.

Believe
Once you've acknowledged what you want, you have to believe you are absolutely going to receive it.

I love me a BMW so we'll stay on track with that example. You've identified that you want the BMW 4 Series. Now you're going to imagine already having it. When you're sitting on the couch numbly waiting for the commercials to wrap up, you're going to close your eyes and picture yourself sitting in that sexy car. You can feel the smooth-as-caramel leather on the driver's seat. Your fingers flex wide open and then clamp shut around the chocolate wood wheel. You rev the engine. Oh what a gorgeous sound that is. It hums. It roars. You are the only one with the key to such power. You've got the key. You.

Now, wasn't that a magical thing? By visualizing having what you want, you are releasing positive energy into the world - aka good vibes. When I visualize, I always feel like my heart is glowing. Cheesy, I know, but that's how I know my good vibe is strong and is making its way into the world to bring me what I want.

Ladies, know a lad you'd like to get with? Think about how good it would feel to be with him. Find yourself sitting in Target while you wait for you friend to hurry her ass up? Picture him sitting across from you, holding your hand, circling your fingers - whatever it is you would want from him. Feel that glow radiate inside of you from the bottom of your stomach up to the epicenter of your heart and let it beam through you.

It's by feeling those good vibrations as often as possible that will bring you what you want. The more often you release those vibes, the sooner you'll get what you want. This is where the mantra really comes into play. By referring back to it, you will experience the good vibes attached to it and release them out into the universe. This will attract the situations into your life to bring that desire around to you.

Another component to this step is gratitude. You have to show gratitude for the things you already have in your life to continue emitting positivity. Be thankful for your family. Not too stoked on your family? Be thankful for your friends. Not too stoked with your friends? Be thankful for the bed you have to sleep in - and so on, so forth. Like I said, by doing this and visualizing your goal, you'll create even more positive vibrations which will attract your desire faster. Win win.

Receive
Now, all you've gotta do is sit back, relax, believe it will come true and be open to receiving it.
This basically means to keep your mantra in mind, feeling and releasing those waves of positivity and (most importantly) believing you will receive your desire. 

You've gotta stay positive and optimistic throughout this process, though. That's where a lot of people fail. They set themselves a desire and get tired of not getting it immediately and turn around to go back to where they started - because that's all they know and it's an easy, customary reality. It's a journey - one that happens in its own time. Your only job is to know for a fact that you'll reach your destination and to keep walking down the path to get there. It's easy to look around at any given point after setting your intention that you haven't achieved it yet. From here, you start hating the law of attraction and stop thinking that it actually works. But it does! If you stop believing in it, you will drag yourself off the course of receiving it.

That's pretty much a rough summary of the LoA. I live my everyday life by it and I could have never imagined the amazing things I've gotten out of it. I go to one of the best unis for what I want to do, I am surrounded by people I love, and I am constantly exposed to circumstances that allow me to grow and evolve into the person I want to be. What more could anyone ask for?

Seriously though, anyone can have what they want with this mentality. Although, there's bound to be some of you who think it's a bunch of bull, so I pose a challenge to you.

Imagine something you don't see every day. Money lying on the floor, a feather on the sidewalk, people who's name is Shaniqua. Anything...and say to yourself, "I see money lying on the floor everywhere I go." "I see feathers all the time." "I meet so many people named Shaniqua." and just watch it come true. Give it a try - that's my challenge to you. After all, there's nothing to lose!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I also want a sun tattoo - it reminds me of law of attraction too :D

    ReplyDelete