Saturday, June 16, 2012

Melodies for the Mind - TLC

Life can get pretty hectic, and we push ourselves to the brink way too often. A time that I've learned to greatly appreciate is when I spoil myself with a little Tender Love and Care.  If I were to plan the perfect escape, it would be to some far away beautiful land (like Ireland) to lie in the shade of a big tree with no company except that of the birds and the bees...and of course my iPod.

So here's a playlist for those moments when you need a stayscape (an escape for all of us who don't have our own plans to jet off to those far away lands) to put your mind at ease.

Corinne Bailey Rae's "Put Your Records On"

Natasha Bedingfield's "Unwritten"

Sara Bareilles' "Love Song"

(Take a trip down memory lane by listening to)
Nelly Furtado's "I'm Like a Bird"

Norah Jones' "Don't Know Why"

*Note: what ever happened to Natasha Bedingfield?! I grew up singing to "Unwritten" and "Pocket full of Sunshine" loudly and not very skillfully in the shower. Not to mention how gorgeous she is and her natural and uplifting voice makes me want to jump up and dance like no one's watching. In this age of techno-rap-machine-screaming music, it has gotten hard to find such jems! Wow I miss the good 'ol days...

What's your relaxation playlist like? Comment below or give me some lovin' at adventuresofsugarwoman@gmail.com !
Love always,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment