Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I Amma Kappa Kappa Gamma

Ever since I was a wee little girl, I've dreamed of going to university and being in a sorority. Blame it on my parents...television shows...movies...but I love it. And now, all these years later, I've been able to go through the process of recruitment to make my little dream come true!

Two intensive weekends later and I found myself on Bid night waiting to see that my first choice, Kappa Kappa Gamma, chose me back.
Which they did! As squeals of excitement circulated the Curry Student Center, we (basically) pummeled our way upstairs to get our t-shirts and meet our fellow new sisters.
One of my dearest friends Kaydee (middle) and I have been talking about being Kappas for weeks now and we're finally able to call each other Kappa sisters! We're pretty much the same person in terms of being tom-boys by being on the Powerlifting team and love nothing more than hitting the weights at the gym. But we also have an entirely other side to us that's girly and loves bows, sisterhood, sugar, spice, and everything nice. So this night was our first experience in letting the girls in us out to play.
Overjoyed with our bids, we piled downstairs and waited for the doors to burst open to 'run into the arms of our sisters' *(so corny but seriously the most love-filled experience I've ever had...so I gladly ran into the arms of my sisters).


Where I was reunited with my pref sister, Sarah, and my newly found adventure buddy!





So many incredible memories were made in such a short amount of time that I'm still in disbelief that this has all happened. Kappa Kappa Gamma served as the light that brought me to my home here at Northeastern University and I couldn't be more excited to make many more unbelievable memories with my new sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment